Monday, August 4, 2008

Portrait Of A Cigarette

FT is gone. Right now she's boarding a flight to fucking Nebraska where she'll be finishing up her last year of high school. God, I can't believe it. It really hasn't hit me yet.

Last night was intense. We walked around a lot, shooting the shit, trying not to think about the fact that we might never see her again. At some point everyone met up at the elementary school. FT and I started crying and hugging. She told me that we were her family and we were the reason she was alive. After a few minutes we finally pulled ourselves together and started looking for the big dipper. I found it and told her that whenever she's lonely that she just look at the stars and remember that I'll be looking at those same stars.

Her parents made her go home at 10:30 but she told us she was going to sneak out so the rest of us went to a diner and ordered some drinks to pass the time. At about 11:30 we all met back up at the train station and went to the building that she had tagged. We all went on the roof and FT sprayed our group nickname on it. Her dad called her at some point and she had to go home but she told us that if we waited it out that she would be able to sneak out again.

Those of us who were left decided to go to the football field and we spent hours talking, waiting for FT to text her. She finally contacted us and told us 2 am but when we tried to call her she didn't pick up. We decided to sleep in the cars and wait for her to call back but when I woke up at 4 and there wasn't any call I decided to go home.

This morning she texted me telling me she was sorry and that she fell asleep. God... she's gone.

-Suburban Bleach

No comments: